Contact Us Bulbophyllum Alliance
Welcome to Porter's Orchids on-line catalog.
The catalog is updated as we add new plants, so visit us often. Please note that most of our hybrids are seed-grown, not clones. Therefore, expect some variation in color and pattern. We normally indicate that variation in the descriptions and photos that accompany the plant name. The plant's name tells if the plants are clones or seed-grown. For instance:
seed grown hybrid
Lc. Ann Akagi
Lc. = genus name,
Ann Akagi = hybrid name
Lc. Hwa Yuan Angel 'Red in Snow'
Lc. = genus name,
Hwa Yuan Angel = hybrid name,
'Red in Snow' = clonal name
Ctna. (C. Summer Angel X Bro. sanguinea)
Ctna. = genus name
C. Summer Angel X Bro. sanguinea
= parents of unnamed hybrid
seed grown species
L. purpurata var. carnea X self
In addition to plants, we have potting supplies, and orchid booksfor sale.
Prices may change without notice.
- We ship on Mondays and Tuesdays only.
- Our minimum plant order is $50.00 (minimum does not apply to plant food orders).
- In addition to shipping charges, there is a handling fee of $4.00 per plant, $2.00 per plant food order for up to two pounds.
- We normally ship either second day or overnight, customer choice and expense. Plant food orders are shipped ground. Please call for particulars: 517-622-4188
- Please note that we pass on to you the shipping cost as charged to us. We do not know that cost until we take the package to the shipper (UPS). The cost depends on the size and weight of the package, how far it must travel, and the type of shipping requested.
- During the cold months, we ship plants overnight only. We do not guarantee plants shipped in cold weather.
- We do not ship outside of the United States.
Please note: Our policy is customer satisfaction. However, there is a 20% of purchase restocking fee. Shipping and handling are not refundable. Shipping costs of returned plants are the responsibility of the sender.
- You may email us.
- However, email is not secure, so it is better to call us : 517-622-4188
- Or mail us at:
10868 Royston Road
Grand Ledge MI 48837
- Which ever way you choose to contact us, we need the following information:
- your name, address and phone number
- shipping address if different from above
- your credit card number (Visa or Mastercard only) with expiration date and your name as it appears on the card
- type of shipment requested (overnight or second day)
CHANGE IN GREENHOUSE OPEN/CLOSED DAYS:
After 16 years of being open Tuesday through Saturday and closed Sundays, Mondays and Holidays, we announce this new schedule:
Starting January 1st:
Open Monday through Thursday
Open 2nd and 4th Saturdays
Closed 1st, 3rd & 5th Saturdays
Still closing for Holidays and weekends of Orchid Shows.
Our hours are unchanged:
Tuesday - Saturday:
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (January 22 through October 31)
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (November 1 through January 21)
Porter's Orchids Special Plant Food
(also known as the MSU formula)
We now have the Michigan State University orchid food in dry form, ready to ship. It is available in 1# packages at $8.00 per package.
We have formulas for different types of water
Well water and city water - GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: 19-4-23- 2Ca
Rain water, distilled and reverse osmosis (RO) water - GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: 13-3-15- 8Ca
Catalog Photo Credits:
Photos with frames and/or background effects are provided by Dot Potter Barnett [4dot(at)portersorchids.com], who also maintains this website.
Photos with black backgrounds and no bordres are graciously provided by William Norton. Please contact him at 517-484-5713, or nortonwi(at)mac.com.
Please note that all photos on this website are owned and copyrighted by their photographer. No photo may be used for any reason without the express permission of the photographer.
Photos with an asterisk* are graciously provided by our vendors. As the plants bloom, the photos will be replaced with our own.
Top of Page